Toledo Bankruptcy Lawyer
DEBT RELIEF: YOUR FRESH START BEGINS HERE.
France Law Group, LLC., 6545 W. Central Avenue, Suite 203, Toledo, Ohio 43617, Phone: (419) 725-9300
Video: From Top Toledo Bankruptcy Lawyer
Click picture to view video.
Bankruptcy Lawyer "What Hearings Are Like"
Toledo bankruptcy lawyer Scott France offers insight into what debtors can expect when attending the Meeting of Creditors as well as other bankruptcy hearings. This informative bankruptcy video is intended to give a brief description of what a Bankruptcy Meeting of Creditors is like, how long a hearing might take, and discusses what to expect from your creditors.
Experienced bankruptcy lawyer Scott France personally attends most bankruptcy hearings with his clients. Having an experienced Toledo bankruptcy lawyer by your side at a bankruptcy Meeting of Creditors can provide client protection, comfort, and confidence.
With over 12 years of bankruptcy law experience, bankruptcy lawyer Scott France offers the perfect balance between experience and price. Having a prepared Toledo bankruptcy lawyer who is familiar with your bankruptcy case has many client benefits.
At France Law Group, we strive to provide exceptional client service and to use our wealth of bankruptcy law experience to serve and protect our clients from creditors. 51 actual client reviews tell our story.
Fresh Start Toledo, Maumee, Lima
Your Fresh Start Begins Here.
Got medical bills? Is high interest credit card debt mounting? How do people pay for a bankruptcy lawyer? Do bankruptcy lawyers take payment plans? We are a judgment-free zone and here to help you.
Toledo bankruptcy lawyer Scott France helps his clients get a fresh start. Whether the best choice for your situation is chapter 7 bankruptcy, chapter 13 bankruptcy, or a non-bankruptcy resolution, we offer the right balance of experience and price. Let us help you put the pieces back together and get your fresh start.
During your free initial consultation, our bankruptcy lawyer will listen to your concerns and help find answers to your bankruptcy questions. Feeling nervous? No worries, our bankruptcy lawyer is here to be a part of your financial support team. 51 client reviews show how we take care of our bankruptcy clients.
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is designed to wipe out most unsecured debts, such as medical bills and high interest credit cards. Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a debt repayment plan that typically lasts 3-5 years and consolidates your debts into one manageable monthly payment.
Both chapter 7 bankruptcy and chapter 13 bankruptcy stop most wage garnishments and lawsuits. See bankruptcy FAQs below.
SPEEDING TICKETS $199.00* Toledo Traffic Lawyer
Can your ticket be amended?
In Ohio, most speeding tickets carry 2 points on an Ohio Drivers License. Toledo traffic lawyer Scott France frequently appears in Toledo Municipal Court as well as many regional Ohio municipal courts. Possible benefits of having an experienced speeding ticket lawyer may include less or no points on your drivers license and the possibility of having your speeding ticket amended.
Out of state clients benefit by having an experienced local traffic lawyer protect their interests. Most drivers are unaware that each state may treat the same traffic violation differently.
*Starting at $199.00, our non-trial limited scope speeding ticket representation is perfect for CDL professional drivers, teenagers, out of state travelers, Ohio licensed drivers, and other drivers trying to limit the number of points on their drivers license. Read more about our our affordable speeding ticket representation. A nominal travel fee (typically $30 to $80) may apply for cases outside the metro Toledo, Ohio area.
Toledo traffic lawyer Scott France will personally speak with each client to discuss case specifics and client goals. While no attorney can guarantee an outcome, our Toledo traffic lawyer will work hard to protect your interests.
Toledo Lawyer: OVI, DUI, Misdemeanors, Juvenile
Toledo OVI-criminal-juvenile-misdemeanor defense lawyer Scott France is a seasoned criminal defense and OVI-DUI. lawyer in Toledo, Ohio. Having successfully served over 1,000 clients during the past 12+ years, he is a familiar face in most regional municipal courts. When Toledo lawyer experience and fair pricing matter, contact us.
Defense lawyer Scott France routinely handles a variety of misdemeanor criminal and traffic related offenses, including but not limited to OVI, Assault, Theft, Reckless Operation, Disorderly Conduct, Drug Possession, Wrongful Entrustment, Outstanding Warrants, Probation Violations, Juvenile Delinquency, Underage Drinking, and most traffic offenses.
A 1st Degree Misdemeanor offense in Ohio carries maximum penalties of up to 180 days in jail and up to $1,000.00 in fines. In most cases, legal representation can be based on a flat fee (cash, check, or credit card). Toledo defense lawyer Scott France offers the perfect balance of experience and price. When your freedom and financial security are at risk, searching the internet for the cheapest criminal defense lawyer in Toledo is not a prudent idea.
Misdemeanor Maximum Jail and Fines
- 1st Degree: 180 days / $1,000.00
- 2nd Degree: 90 days / $ 750.00
- 3rd Degree: 60 days / $ 500.00
- 4th Degree: 30 days / $ 250.00
- Minor: 0 days / $ 150.00
Toledo Lawyer Bio: Scott France, Esq.
A native of Bowling Green, Ohio, bankruptcy lawyer Scott France is well respected in the local bankruptcy, traffic, and misdemeanor legal communities.
A lifelong resident of Northwestern Ohio, experienced lawyer Scott France frequently appears in most local State and Federal Courts, including Toledo Municipal Court, Toledo Bankruptcy Court, Fulton County Eastern District Court, and many more. With over 12 years of experience, traffic and bankruptcy lawyer Scott France offers the perfect balance of experience and price.
Click here to learn more about local bankruptcy and traffic lawyer Scott France. Don't just take our word for it, read over 51 actual client reviews posted on Avvo.com.
Follow us on Facebook. #Bowie's-Dog-With-A-Blog #FranceLawGroup
Contact A Toledo Bankruptcy Lawyer
It's easy to contact Toledo traffic and bankruptcy lawyer Scott France. Whether by email or phone, most contacts receive responses the same day. Gone are the days of lawyers who take a week to call you back. Contact us for information including telephone, fax, email, and office hours. After hours and weekend voicemail service is available and such messages are generally returned the next business day.
France Law Group is conveniently located at 6545 W. Central Avenue in Toledo, Ohio. Our office is just west of US-23, heading westbound on W. Central Avenues on the south side of W. Central Avenue between US-23 and McCord Road. . Easy access via stoplight at South Central Park West. We offer free parking, choice of stairs and elevator service, safe and beautifully maintained surroundings, and evening appointments on select monthly dates (call for availability).
Bankruptcy and traffic lawyer Scott France offers the perfect balance of experience, price, and location. No need to pay for expensive downtown parking and no long walks during inclement weather to your downtown Toledo traffic or bankruptcy lawyer's office. Our free parking is close to the building and we look forward to your arrival.
Actual Bankruptcy Client Reviews:
Did you now that Toledo bankruptcy lawyer Scott France has received over 50 positive client reviews? A few of these actual client reviews are below. A complete listing of actual client reviews can be found at Avvo.com.
"Highly Recommend Scott France""Scott made my wife and I feel so welcome during a very difficult time in our life. He is kind, compassionate and simply a real person. My wife and I highly recommend Attorney Scott France."
5 stars; August 26, 2017
5 stars; June 8, 2017
"Professional and Compassionate Attorney"
5 stars; August 12, 2016
"France Law Group"
5 stars; April 6, 2016
You Can Afford A Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer:
Bankruptcy lawyer Scott France is an experienced and affordable chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Toledo, Ohio. We serve bankruptcy clients from all over the metro Toledo, Ohio region including both Northern Ohio and Southeastern Michigan. Our Bankruptcy lawyer fees are reasonable and below the local market average. While saving money is important, the ultimate goal should be finding a balance between the experience of your bankruptcy lawyer and the fees. No need to pay overpriced downtown bankruptcy lawyers with high rise offices, nor is it ever a good idea to Google "Cheapest Bankruptcy Lawyer in Toledo." One's decision to file for bankruptcy relief should be based on careful evaluation of your financial situation and choosing a Toledo bankruptcy lawyer with competitive fees and solid experience, including client reviews.
NOTE: Chapter 13 bankruptcy filers should ask about how bankruptcy lawyer fees can be rolled into the monthly bankruptcy repayment plan.
Conveniently located just west of US-23, we are a short drive from just about anywhere in the metro Toledo, Ohio area. Located between US-23 and McCord Road, we offer easy access via stoplight and free parking on site. Nearby landmarks include Taylor Kia, David Broadway Salon, and Chick-Fil-A. Avoid downtown hassles of paid parking and distant walking. Onsite elevator service is also available. When you arrive for your free initial consultation, you can expect to meet personally with attorney Scott France. Don't settle for any Toledo Bankruptcy lawyer, you deserve quality legal representation. "Take no chance, call bankruptcy lawyer Scott France."
Our Law Practice Areas:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy (Ohio and Michigan)
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy (Ohio)
- Creditor Negotiations (non bankruptcy option)
- Speeding Tickets and Traffic Offenses (adults and teens)
- OVI/DUI (adults and underage)
- Misdemeanor Criminal (drugs, theft, and more)
- Probation Violations
- Outstanding Warrants
- Juvenile Delinquency Matters
How To Choose A Great Lawyer:
- "How To Choose The Best Lawyer"
- SOURCE: www.thebalancecareers.com; Sally Kane; January 25, 2019
- "How To Choose A Good Qualified Lawyer"
- SOURCE: Good Financial Cents; Jeff Rose; May 22, 2018
- "How To Pick The Right Lawyer"
- SOURCE: Investopedia; Glenn Curtis; October 13, 2018
- "Choosing An Attorney: 10 Things To Consider"
- SOURCE: Law Depot Blog; Kristy DeSmit; March 3, 2015
Choose Bankruptcy Lawyer Scott France
- Read 52 Actual Client Reviews of Lawyer Scott France
- SOURCE: Avvo.com; updated 06/2019
- Supreme Court of Ohio Lawyer Directory (verify no discipline history)
- SOURCE: www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/AttorneySearch; updated 06/2019
For educational purposes only. Click here to read more Bankruptcy FAQs
HELP! I’m being garnished!!
What is chapter 7 bankruptcy? Will I automatically lose my home or car?
Do chapter 7 bankruptcy attorneys take payment plans?
What is chapter 13 bankruptcy? How many months does the repayment plan last?
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is less common than its cousin chapter 7 bankruptcy. Approximately 10% of all bankruptcy cases filed in Northwestern Ohio are chapter 13. Chapter 13 cases are a way for debtors to reorganize their debts into one convenient monthly payment plan to the Bankruptcy Trustee. The average chapter 13 repayment plan lasts three (3) to five (5) years, with sixty (60) being the maximum length of time allowed per the US Bankruptcy Code. Liquidation risk is not a part of chapter 13 bankruptcies. Chapter 13 bankruptcies in Toledo are more common in some of the following situations:
- Debtor has enough disposable monthly income (DMI) to make some sort of regular repayment.
- As an alternative to debtors who may be exposed to liquidation risk if they otherwise filed for chapter 7 relief.
- Debtors who need a carefully organized repayment plan for non-dischargeable debts such as taxes and mortgage arrears.
- Debtors who need to stop a foreclosure proceeding, so long as chapter 13 filing precedes a sheriff sale.
- Debtors facing a home equity "balloon payment" and need a few more years to pay it off, thus keeping their home
- Debtors who simply don't qualify for chapter 7 eligibility (both Means Testing and Monthly Income Budget testing)
What is the credit counseling requirement? Are approved credit counseling courses available online and at a reasonable fee?
How are student loans treated in bankruptcy?
Do I have to go to court? What is a chapter 7 bankruptcy hearing like?
Can I file for bankruptcy relief without my spouse?
Will I lose my tax refund if I file for bankruptcy relief?
I filed bankruptcy many years ago. Can I file bankruptcy again?
Can I receive a discharge in Chapter 13 bankruptcy if I recently received a discharge in another chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Does it matter if I am currently in a mortgage loan modification program?
What if I receive an inheritance close in time to my chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Can I transfer a car title to my relative prior to filing bankruptcy so that the vehicle will be protected?
I heard the term "chapter 20." Is there such a thing as "chapter 20 bankruptcy?"
Will paying an initial retainer to my bankruptcy lawyer stop a wage garnishment?
What are bankruptcy exemptions in chapter 7 bankruptcy?
For general education purposes only, bankruptcy exemptions allow the owner of an asset to protect a certain amount of equity in same asset. If your asset currently has a loan, than you can add the current loan balance (at time of filing) to the exemption, for increased protection. Ohio is considered to be an "Opt Out" state, thus it creates its own exemptions as opposed to following the federal set of exemptions. In recent years, Ohio exemptions have grown and many more assets are now able to be protected, as compared to roughly 15 years ago. The numbers below are recent estimates and your Toledo chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney can give you the most up to date chapter 7 bankruptcy exemption amounts.) . Be sure to add your current loan payoff to the exemption amount below. If your asset is worth more than the combination of your loan payoff + exemption, then you will need to discuss liquidation risk with your chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyer.
- Real Property (Home): $130,000.00 (debtor must be on deed)
- Primary Vehicle: $3,700.00 . (debtor must be on title, limit one exemption, despite whether you own more than one.)
- Tools of Trade: $2,200.00
- Cash, Bank Accounts: $500.00 per debtor
- Retirement Accounts: (401k; STRS, SERS, PERS, IRA) Fully protected so long as funds remained qualified.
- Term Life Insurance :(fully exempt)
- Whole Life Insurance: (varies: considerations in who the beneficiary is and whether the funds are qualified).
SPEEDING TICKETS; TOLEDO, OHIO
5 Reasons To Hire A Speeding Ticket Lawyer:
- Possibility of less or no points on your license
- Possibility of more time to pay court fines/costs
- In many cases, our traffic attorney can appear on your behalf.
- Possible insurance benefits (call your insurance provider)
- Especially important for both CDL and teen drivers.
LINKS TO LOCAL COURTS
- Toledo Municipal Court
- US District Court (Northern District Ohio, Bankruptcy, Toledo, Ohio)
- US District Court (Eastern District Michigan , Bankruptcy, Detroit, Michigan)
- Maumee Municipal Court
- Perrysburg Municipal Court
- Fulton County District Court Eastern Division (Swanton, Ohio)
- Fulton County District Court Western Division (Wauseon, Ohio)
- Paulding County Court (Municipal Court, Paulding, Ohio)
- Defiance Municipal Court
- Napoleon Municipal Court
- Oregon Municipal Court
- Bowling Green Municipal Court
- Norwalk Municipal Court
- Upper Sandusky Municipal Court
- Findlay Municipal Court
- Lucas County Common Pleas Court (Toledo, Ohio)
- Sandusky Municipal Court
- Bryan Municipal Court
- Wood County Common Pleas Court (Bowling Green, Ohio)
- Sylvania Municipal Court
QUICK LINKS TO LOCAL OHIO COURTHOUSE HOURS:
- Toledo Municipal Court (Toledo Municipal Court hours, address, and contact info)
- Perrysburg Municipal Court (Perrysburg Court hours, address, and contact info)
- Bowling Green Municipal Court (BG Municipal Court hours, address, and contact info)
- Maumee Municipal Court (Maumee Municipal Court hours, address, and contact info)
- Sylvania Municipal Court (Sylvania Municipal Court hours, address, and contact info)
- Henry County Common Pleas (Court hours, address, and contact information)
- Napoleon Municipal Court (Napoleon Municipal Court hours, address, contact info)
OHIO DRIVERS LICENSE RESOURCE LINKS:
Looking to reinstate your Ohio drivers license? Helpful resources:
- Ohio BMV Locations (statewide locations of all Ohio BMV offices)
- Ohio BMV Online Services: Reinstatements and Suspensions
- Defensive Driving and Remedial Courses (Safety Council of NWO)
- Drivers Education Programs (adults and teens)
- Driver Intervention Program ("DIP") (court ordered classes and more; Talbot Services - Toledo, Ohio)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) (treatment programming; Arrowhead Behavioral - Maumee, Ohio)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (Toledo meeting schedule; court ordered AA meeting stamps)
- "AAA Guide To Teen Driver Safety" SOURCE: AAA Ohio website; updated 2019
LOCAL BANKRUPTCY LAWYER SERVING METRO TOLEDO, OHIO, AND SOUTHEASTERN MICHIGAN:
Ohio Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ada, Arcadia, Archbold, Assumption, Bellevue, Bowling Green, Bryan, Cleveland, Clyde, Custar, Defiance, Delta, Edon, Elyria, Evergreen, Fayette, Findlay, Fostoria, Fremont, Gibsonburg, Grand Rapids, Haskins, Helena, Holgate, Holland, Lake Township, Lima, Lorain, Maumee, McClure, McComb, Metamora, Milan, Monroeville, Montpelier, Napoleon, Neapolis, North Baltimore, Northwood, Norwalk, Ottawa Hills, Paulding, Perrysburg, Perrysburg Township, Pioneer, Portage, Port Clinton, Oregon, Ottawa, Rossford, Sandusky, Sherwood, Swanton, Sylvania, Sylvania Township, Tiffin, Tontogany, Toledo, Upper Sandusky, Waterville, Wauseon, Westlake, Weston, Whitehouse, Woodville, Ohio.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer Serving Southeastern Michigan: Adrian, Ann Arbor, Belleville, Blissfield, Canton, Deerfield, Detroit, Dundee, Erie, Flat Rock, Ida, Lambertville, LaSalle, Luna Pier, Milan, Monroe, Morenci, Ottawa Lake, Petersburg, Romulus, Saline, Samaria, Southfield, Southgate, Summerfield, Taylor, Tecumseh, Temperance, Trenton, Woodhaven, Ypsilanti, Michigan
NOTICE: We are a debt relief agency. We help individuals file for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Choosing an experienced bankruptcy lawyer near Toledo, Ohio is an important decision. All content contained within both the pages of this website and associated with any outbound links is intended for educational purposes only and should NOT be construed as legal advice.
Copyright 2019; all rights reserved. France Law Group, LLC
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
**** FRANCE LAW GROUP **** law practice areas
“Highly Recommend Scott France”
Scott made my wife and I feel so welcome during a very difficult time in our life. He is kind, compassionate and simply a real person. My wife and I highly recommend attorney Scott France.
“Bankruptcy is something i thought i would never have to do but sometimes life takes an unexpected turn. If you ever have to claim bankruptcy you would definitely want Scott in your corner. He did and awesome job and very reasonably priced.”
Plenty more actual client review where these came from . Click on 52 actual client reviews to see over 4 dozen more highly satisfied client reviews of Toledo bankruptcy lawyer and traffic lawyer Scott France.
Latest Bankruptcy News
- “13,000 Passengers Stranded After French Airline Goes Bankrupt” SOURCE: CNN Business, Rebecca Blanchard, et al; September 10. 2109
- “Forever 21 Considers Filing For Bankruptcy…Per Reports” SOURCE: Forbes Magazine, Carlie Porterfield; August 29, 2019
- “Running List of 2019 [Retail] Bankruptcies” SOURCE: Retail Dive, Yujin Kim; August 23, 2019
- “National Farm Bankruptcies Rising…Ohio Holds Steady” SOURCE: Ohio’s Country Journal; August 22, 2019
- “4 States… Highest Bankruptcy Rates in United States…” SOURCE: USA TODAY, Douglas McIntyre; August 14, 2019
- “Dem. Elizabeth Warren Wants To Change The Bankruptcy Code” SOURCE: CNN Business, AnneKen Tappe; August 5, 2019
- “Barneys Explores Possible July Bankruptcy…” SOURCE: CNBC, Lauren Hirsch; July 13, 2019
- “Charming Charlie Files Bankruptcy…” SOURCE: USA Today, Nathan Bomey; July 11, 2019
- “Local Ohio Bankruptcy Filing Statistics” SOURCE: US Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio website; May 27, 2019
- “Campus Den…Sports Apparel Bankruptcy Update”. SOURCE: Lansing State Journal, Eric Lacy; May 3, 2019
- “Gymboree’s Second Bankruptcy Filing…” SOURCE: CNN Business, Chris Isidore; January 17, 2019
Helpful Links: Getting Ready For Bankruptcy
- Free Annual Credit Reports
- Pre-Filing Online Counseling Course
- Lucas County, Ohio Home Values
- Wood County, Ohio Home Values
- Fulton County, Ohio Home Values
- VehicleValuations (NADA Guides)
- Vehicle Valuations (Kelley Blue Book)
- Asset Appraisals (fee involved)
- How To Get An IRS Tax Transcript
- Toledo Municipal Court (case search)
- Lucas County Common Pleas (case search)
- Perrysburg Municipal Court (case search)
- Maumee Municipal Court (case search)
- Sylvania Municipal Court (case search)
- Napoleon Municipal Court (case search)
- Post-Filing Online Course (need BK case #)
Need help? Contact our Toledo bankruptcy lawyer.
Bankruptcy Lawyer: “Did You Know?”
9/8/19: 8 years from the date of the previous chapter 7 bankruptcy filing is the current wait period for filing another chapter 7 bankruptcy. Contact us for other related details if you have previously filed for bankruptcy relief.